Crop losses continue, exponentially increasing extreme weather events, and volcanic/seismic activity: many indications that the effects of the Grand Solar Minimum continue to accelerate. START MOVING TOWARDS SELF-SUFFICIENCY TODAY.
Start taking daily steps NOW towards self-sufficiency so that you can thrive in the Grand Solar Minimum.
On maintaining and harvesting Spirulina, in order to provide a constant supply at home of this superfood algae — one of the more nutrient-dense things one can grow in a small space, in order to be more self-sufficient and ensure your family’s food security. All links below!
– Lights: (dual) 45W Kingbo LED light per tank, a mere $30 right now — http://amzn.to/2uUcosg
– 50 micron screen: http://amzn.to/2f5LzeW
– 200W heater: (claims rated up to 75gal, but I’m using this for my 40gal, deliberately over-sizing to avoid burning out): http://amzn.to/2u1JNCi
– ph Digital + Waterproof 0-14 meter — also useful for Aquaponics : http://amzn.to/2f6EMSg
/ or : pH Test Strips 9.2 – 10.6 microFine pH strip : https://www.microessentiallab.com/ProductInfo/F04-MCRFN-092106-MID.aspx
– top off with clean water as needed (evaporation)
– bubbles on culture: needs to be stirred
– globules in culture: needs to be harvested
over 10? ready to harvest.
starts around 8.6, after adding baking soda into initial medium
over 11? too high, may need new medium
– heater: oversize deliberately. you’ll be running at max temperature — mine burned out.
– “rest”ing the culture — reduce temperature to 65-80, reduce light
– keeping a backup
– 1L on standby — or run multiple tanks!
MY VIDEOS ON SETTING UP TO FARM SPIRULINA:
– recipe for the medium: https://youtu.be/ff8SzDBq3fY
– chelating Iron for Spirulina: https://youtu.be/TCUNsrgvGrc
– recipe for the FOOD (nutrient replacement mix): https://youtu.be/wcXzQw9cJ3s
ICE AGE FARMER
Mapping a path forward to prosperity in an uncertain future.
IAF walks through the recipe used when creating a nutrient mix, fed to your Spirulina when harvesting to replace nutrients, ensuring a solid harvest tomorrow! Also, a discussion of the pH dynamic as a new spirulina culture grows in a new medium/tank: although it may look like things aren’t going well, keep the faith and persevere, we will ultimately find success.
Prior videos of Spirulina process ( see http://IceAgeFarmer.com/spirulina ):
#1 Spirulina Medium recipe: https://youtu.be/ff8SzDBq3fY
#2 Chelating Iron for Spirulina: https://youtu.be/TCUNsrgvGrc
You can do this at home — and you should!
Start taking daily steps NOW towards radical self-sufficiency so that you can thrive in the current Grand Solar Minimum / Little Ice Age.
IAF issues a sincere call to spread awareness of the Grand Solar Minimum we have entered and the importance of GROWING YOUR OWN FOOD, and, in sharing the message, building stronger, self-sufficient communities to thrive in the times ahead.
“Survival seed packs” do a disservice by implying a sense of food security, when in fact, it is the knowledge of how to grow food, save seeds for next year, and share this knowledge with a growing, self-sufficient community. IAF explores how to meet the most basic of human needs in a bottom-up (individual) model, without the state to provide for you.
Also in this video:
* hill your potatoes at 8-10″ high. potatoes are top of list of calorie-rich food.
* viewing spirulina algae at 1200x
Links visited in video ( via http://twitter.com/IceAgeFarmer ):
a period during which solar activity diminishes, resulting in drastic climatic and geophysical changes to our planet. These include increased galactic cosmic rays (GCRs), seismic activity, and volcanism; the latter often results in a global reduction in temperatures (see “the year without a summer” — and much more on the IAF wiki).