Trust in God, but row away from the rocks. Today IAF discusses the events of the week, which were really quite severe and alarming, but should serve only to increase our resolve to map a path to prosperity in the Grand Solar Minimum.
This Episode on the Wiki: http://wiki.iceagefarmer.com/wiki/IAF_Podcast_Episode_13
1. Christian’s thoughts
2. Icebreaker: Grand Solar Minimum Symptoms (7:30)
There are several lessons learned from studying very early global cooling events in Europe. See also the discussion of the Great Famine of 1315 in Episode 5.
- Onset of these conditions can be very abrupt and very severe.
- A decline in food production due to:
- Dramatic increase in days with overcast skies.
- Decline in the intensity of sunlight.
- Decline by several degrees in global temperature
- Regions of massive rainfall and flooding
- Limited regions experienced droughts
- Shortened growing season
- A string of major and minor famines
- Malnutrition lead to weakened immune system. Produced influenza epidemics.
- Reoccurrence of plagues such as the Black Plague.
- Lack of feed for livestock
- Parasites (i.e. fusarium nivale), which thrived under snow cover, devastated crops.
- Grain storage in cool damp conditions produced fungus (Ergot Blight). Contaminated grains when consumed caused an illness (St. Anthony’s Fire) producing convulsions, hallucinations, gangrenous rotting of extremities.
- Flooding created swamplands that became mosquito breeding grounds and introduced tropical diseases such as malaria throughout Europe.
- During hot summers, cold air aloft produced killer hailstorms (hailstones that could kill a cow).
- Higher frequency of powerful storms produced major devastations.
- Glacier advance swallowed up entire alpine villages.
- Ruptured glacial ice dams produced deadly floods.
- Drastic increase in seismic activity (earthquake, volcano)
- Hugely increased atmospheric electric charge (fatal lightning strikes, positive lightning, sprites, noctilucent clouds, northern lights)
3. Grand Solar Minimum News (11:44)
Last time, shared a piece about how re-planted corn (after late frost) required additional time to mature
“Should be fine if Mother Nature gives us a few more weeks” negative! Early fall: http://www.agweb.com/article/frost-to-creep-into-corn-belt-as-early-as-sept-6-NAA-ashley-davenport/ https://www.iceagenow.info/rare-august-snow-inner-mongolia/ Late spring: https://www.iceagenow.info/100-cm-snow-fall-australia-next-week/
– dairy prices – gas prices – cattle (beef) – GAS prices — which are used to harvest everything, and transport all food to market FOOD PRICES ARE RISING http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/30/investing/gas-prices-harvey-refineries/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2017/09/05/since-harvey-gas-prices-at-the-pump-are-up-50-cents/
remnants of Harvey causing flash flooding across TX/LA border
1% off US GDP
Houston area sank 2cm under weight of water
Volcanoes, keep an eye on Vanuatu, danger zones declared
Earthquakes, Turkey was hit by 28,002 in the first 8 months of 2017
1.5 million acres of US west https://www.agweb.com/mobile/article/wildfires-rage-in-the-west-burning-nearly-15-million-acres-naa-wyatt-bechtel/
4. Daily Steps (17:22)
It is a miracle I am alive, and I am ABSOLUTELY dedicated to this community and the process of sharing knowledge as this climate changes, to ensure we all thrive in the times ahead.
Also, some basic info on crickets! Added this to the wiki:
5. Community Feedback (17:22)
Sharing a communique from an ER doctor regarding increased cases of fungal infections, despite being in a warm, dry area. Any ideas, folks?