This is a living page, that I will keep up to date if and as this “recipe” changes:
Spirulina Medium — Starter Culture (10gal):
- Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate): 600g — $15 for 5lbs, or Arm & Hammer works fine!
- Saltpeter (Potassium Nitrate) 75g or 2 1/2 Tblspn — $3 for 500g plus shipping, (I thought that was too good to be true but it’s the same as what ships from their store for 2x price, go figure)
- Sea Salt (NaCl + trace minerals) 38g or 2 1/4 Tblspn — health food store
- DAP (Ammonium Phosphate, or Diammonium Phosphate) 3.8g — 2lbs for $10
Iron Chelate EDDHA 10 378.54 mg— $22 for 1lbps (a lifetime supply for hobby system)
- Now: Iron Supplement: Ferrous Sulphate — $9 for 16oz
- this will be mixed with a chelating agent like lemon juice or green tea before introducing to medium
I switched from the EDDHA iron chelation to something food grade: Iron Sulfate supplements, to be combined before introducing into the medium with again a food grade chelating agent (lemon juice).